|Online Entry Due||9/18||5:00 p.m.||Online; see below|
|Banners Due||9/18||5:00 p.m.||Highsmith Student Union|
***Banners will be hung in Highsmith Student Union for display September 18 - September 22***
Groups who are interested in using their banners for the homecoming parade must pick them up from the Highsmith Guest Services Desk by 12:00pm Saturday, September 23.
PRIZES: Prizes awarded to groups who finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in Banner contest. Participation points will be given to every group that registers and participates.
BANNER CONTEST RULES:
- Banners are to be no larger than one flat twin-bed sheet, or 6’x12’ banner paper
- Designs must be in good taste
- The banner should display the organization’s name, logo, or crest
- Banners must relate to the game and/or Bulldog spirit (UNCA, Bulldogs, etc).
- No glitter, glitter material, glitter paint or sequins allowed on banner.
- Banners that are painted must be dry when turned in to the information desk.
- No professional sign painter services may be used.
- Members of the competing group must have made the banner.
- Banners cannot have been entered in previous Homecomings.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING BANNERS:
- Banners relate to Bulldog spirit: 25 percent
- Banner originality & creativity: 25 percent
- Neatness and artistic presentation: 25 percent
- Readability at a distance: 25 percent
Entry forms are due online by September 18. Register here.
Banners are due to the HIG Guest Services Desk on Monday, September 18 by 5:00pm in Highsmith Student Union. Banners will be hung and judged in Highsmith Student Union during Homecoming week.
Any group wishing to claim their banner for the parade must do so by 12:00pm Saturday, September 23. Simply alert the Highsmith Student Union Guest Services Desk that you will be removing your banner and then remove it yourself. After this time, all banners will be discarded.