LipSync Competition Guidelines
- Entry Due February 15 - Register here
- An .MP3 file containing the group's music, which will be used in the actual performance, are due via email to email@example.com by February 13 at 5 pm
- Additionally, you must include the following information in your email submission:
- Name of organization
- Title/theme of performance
- Names of all participants
- Email address of a contact person in the organization
Schedule - Preliminaries & Finals
Wednesday, February 20
- 5 pm in Highsmith Student Union Grotto; Preliminaries - Groups TBD
Friday, February 22
- 8 pm in Lipinsky Auditorium (All groups must arrive by 7 pm)
Overall Performance Guidelines
- Performances are to be between 3 and 4½ minutes in length. Performances lasting longer than 4½ minutes will be disqualified.
- No objects may be thrown from the stage into the audience.
- Edited music is expected (Please refrain from using music containing profane language).
- Group must provide their own microphones if needed.
- Keep performances within a reasonable amount of space (Lipinsky Stage).
- Please be mindful that this is a family-friendly event.
- If your group advances to the finals and fails to perform, your group forfeits all of the points earned during the Lipsync Competition.
- Originality: 20%
- Incorporation of Theme: 20%
- Costume and Props: 20%
- Accuracy: 20%
- Energy: 20%
Places, Points & Prizes
- Participation - 15 pts Preliminaries, 25 pts Finals; no monetary prize
- 3rd Place - 50 pts; $100 prize
- 2nd Place - 80 pts; $125 prize
- 1st Place - 110 pts; $150 prize